1. Yuqi Liang†, Junhao Liang†, Chenchen Song†, Mianxin Liu†, Thomas Knöpfel, Pulin Gong, Changsong Zhou. Complexity of cortical wave patterns of the wake mouse cortex Nature Communications
2. Xiaojing Li, Yadwinder Kaur, Oliver Wilhelm, Martin Reuter, Christian Montag, Werner Sommer, Changsong Zhou, Andrea Hildebrandt. Resting‐state brain signal complexity discriminates young healthy APOE e4 carriers from non‐e4 carriers European Journal of Neuroscience
1. Kwan Tung Li†, Xingzhi He†, Guangjun Zhou, Jing Yang, Tao Li, Hailan Hu, Daoyun Ji,Changsong Zhou* and Huan Ma*. Rational designing of oscillatory rhythmicity for memory rescue in plasticity-impaired learning networks Cell Reports
2. Qingpeng Yu†, Zedong Bi†, Shize Jiang†, Biao Yan†, Heming Chen†, Yiting Wang†, Yizhan Miao, Kexin Li, Zixuan Wei, Yuanting Xie, Xinrong Tan, Xiaodi Liu, Hang Fu, Liyuan Cui, Lu Xing, Shijun Weng, Xin Wang, Yuanzhi Yuan, Changsong Zhou, Gang Wang, Liang Li, Lan Ma, Ying Mao, Liang Chen, Jiayi Zhang. Visual cortex encodes timing information in humans and mice Neuron
3. Junhao Liang, Changsong Zhou. Criticality enhances the multilevel reliability of stimulus responses in cortical neural networks. PLoS Comput Biol
4. Rong Wang, Shanshan Zhen, Changsong Zhou, Rongjun Yu. Acute stress promotes brain network integration and reduces state transition variability Proc Natl Acad Sci
5. Rong Wang, Yongchen Fan, Ying Wu, Yu-Feng Zang, Changsong Zhou. Lifespan associations of resting-state brain functional networks with ADHD symptoms iSciences
6. Mianxin Liu, Yuqi Liang, Chenchen Song, Thomas Knöpfel, Changsong Zhou. Cortex-wide spontaneous activity non-linearly steers propagating sensory-evoked activity in awake mice Cell Reports
7. Daniel Kristanto, Xinyang Liu, Werner Sommer, Andrea Hildebrandt, Changsong Zhou. What do neuroanatomical networks reveal about the ontology of human cognitive abilities? Iscience
1. Junhao Liang†,Sheng-Jun Wang† and Changsong Zhou. Less is More: Wiring-Economical Modular Networks Support Self-Sustained Firing-Economical Neural Avalanches for Efficient Processing National Science Review
2. R. Wang†, M.X. Liu†, X. Cheng, Y. W, A. Hildebrandt*, and C.S. Zhou*. Segregation, integration and balance of large-scale resting brain networks configure different cognitive abilities Proc Natl Acad Sci
3. Liang Y, Song C, Liu M, Gong P, Zhou C, Knöpfel T. Cortex-wide dynamics of intrinsic electrical activities: propagating waves and their interactions Journal of Neuroscience
4. Li KT, Liang J, Zhou C. Gamma Oscillations Facilitate Effective Learning in Excitatory-Inhibitory Balanced Neural Circuits Neural Plasticity
5. Juan Felipe Quinones Sanchez, Xinyang Liu, Changsong Zhou, & Andrea Hildebrandt, Nature and Nurture Shape Structural Connectivity in the Face Processing Brain Network NeuroImage
6. Yi Zhang, Chunjie Wang, Yuzhao Yao, Changsong Zhou *, Feiyan Chen*, Adaptive Reconfiguration of Intrinsic Community Structure in Children with 5-Years Abacus Training Cerebral Cortex
7. Y.H. Chen, Q.X. Lin, X.H. Liao, C.S. Zhou*, Y. He*, Association of Aerobic Glycolysis with the Structural Connectome Reveals a Benefit-Risk Balancing Mechanism in the Human Brain Proc Natl Acad Sci
8. Ming Lui†, Xiaojing Li†, Werner Sommer, Andrea Hildebrandt, Gilbert Ka-Bo Lau, Changsong Zhou*, Sex differences in behavioral and brain responses to incongruity in emotional speech controlling for autistic traits Biological Psychology
9. Chen Liu, Changsong Zhou*, Jiang Wang*, Chris Fietkiewicz, Kenneth A. Loparo. Delayed feedback-based suppression of pathological oscillations in a neural mass model IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
1. Daniel Kristanto, Mianxin Liu, Xinyang Liu, Wernar Sommer, Changsong Zhou*. Predicting Reading Ability from Brain Anatomy and Function: From Areas to Connections NeuroImage
2. Mianxin Liu, Xinyang Liu, Andrea Hildebrandt and Changsong Zhou*, Individual cortical entropy profile: Test–retest reliability, predictive power for cognitive ability, and neuroanatomical foundation Cerebral Cortex Communications
3. Zedong Bi and Changsong Zhou, Understanding the computation of time using neural network models Proc Natl Acad Sci
4. Yuhan Chen, Zi-Ke Zhang, Yong He, and Changsong Zhou*, A Large-Scale High-Density Weighted Structural Connectome of the Macaque Brain Acquired by Predicting Missing Links Cerebral Cortex
1. Yadwinder Kaur, Guang Ouyang, Martin Junge, Werner Sommer, Mianxin Liu, Changsong Zhou*; Andrea Hildebrandt*, The reliability and psychometric structure of Multi-Scale Entropy measured from EEG signals at rest and during processing of face and object recognition tasks. The Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 326, 108343 (2019).
2. Rong Wang, Pan Lin, Mianxin. Liu, Ying Wu, Tao Zhou and Changsong Zhou*, Hierarchical Connectome Modes and Critical State Jointly Maximize Human Brain Functional Diversity. Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 038301
3. Mianxin Liu, Chenchen. Song, Yuqi Liang, Thomas Knopfel* and Changsong Zhou*, Assessing spatiotemporal variability of brain spontaneous activity by multiscale entropy and functional connectivity, Neuroimage, 198, 198-220 (2019)
4. Zedong Bi and Changsong Zhou*, Understanding the computational difficulty of binary-weight perceptron and the advantage of input sparseness, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical. 2019.
5. Xiaojing Li, Andrea Hildebrandt, Werner Sommer, Oliver Wilhelm, Martin Reuter, Christian Montag, & Changsong Zhou*, Cognitive Performance in Young APOE ε4 Carriers – A Latent Variable Approach for Assessing the Genotype-Phenotype Relationship, Behavior Genetics, 10.1007/s10519-019-09961-y (2019).
1. Rajan Kashyap, Sagarika Bhattacharjee, Werner Sommer and Changsong Zhou, Repetition priming effects for famous faces through dynamic causal modelling of latency-corrected event-related brain potentials, European Journal of Neuroscience, DOI: 10.1111/ejn.14303 (2018)
2. Chen Liu, Changsong Zhou*, Jiang Wang*, and Kenneth A. Loparo, Mathematical Modeling for Description of Oscillation Suppression Induced by Deep Brain Stimulation, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering. 26 (9), 1649 (2018).
1. Yuhan Chen, Shengjun Wang, Claus C Hilgetag and Changsong Zhou*, Features of spatial and functional segregation and integration of the primate connectome revealed by trade-off between wiring cost and efficiency, PLoS Computational Biology, 13(9): e1005776 (2017).
2. Hadiseh Nowparast Rostami, Werner Somme, Changsong Zhou, Oliver Wilhelm, Andrea Hildebrandt, Structural Encoding Processes Contribute to Individual Differences in Face and Object Cognition: Inferences from Psychometric Test Performance and Event-Related Brain Potentials, Cortex, 95, 192-210 (2017).
3. Rostami, H. N., Saville, C. W. N., Klein, C., Ouyang, G., Sommer, W., Zhou, C., Hildebrandt, A., COMT genotype is differentially associated with single trial variability of ERPs as a function of memory type. Biological Psychology, 127, 209-219 (2017).
4. Dongping Yang, Haijun Zhou and Changsong Zhou*, "Co-emergence of Multi-scale Cortical Activities of Irregular firing, Oscillations and Avalanches Achieves Cost-efficient Information Capacity", PLoS Comput Biol 13(2): e1005384 (2017).
5. Guang Ouyang, Andrea Hildebrandt, Werner Sommer*, Changsong*, "Exploiting the Intra-Subject Latency Variability from Single-Trial Event-Related Potentials in the P3 Time Range: A Review and Comparative Evaluation of Methods", Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews (2017).
1.Yilong Zha, Tao Zhou* and Changsong Zhou*, "Unfolding collaborative human dynamics", Proc Natl Acad Sci. 113, 14627 (2016).
2. Shengjun Wang, Guang Ouyang, Jing Guang, Mingsha Zhang*, KY Michael Wong, and Changsong Zhou*, "Stochastic Oscillation in Self-Organized Critical States of Small Systems: Sensitive Resting State in Neural Systems". Physical Review Letters 116, 018101 (2016).
3. Steven S.-L.Zhang, Yan Zhou, Dong Li, and Olle Heinonen, "Mode coupling in spin torque oscillators", Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 414, 227-242 (2016).
4. Zedong Bi* and Changsong Zhou*, "Spike Pattern Structure Influences Synaptic Efficacy Variability Under STDP and Synaptic Homeostasis. I: Spike Generating Models on Converging Motifs". Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience 10:14 (2016).
5. Zedong Bi* and Changsong Zhou*, "Spike Pattern Structure Influences Synaptic Efficacy Variability Under STDP and Synaptic Homeostasis. II: Spike Shuffling Methods on LIF Networks". Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience 10:83 (2016).
6. Wu-Jie Yuan, Jian-Fang Zhou, and Changsong Zhou*, "Fast response and high sensitivity to microsaccades in a cascading-adaptation neural network with short-term synaptic depression", Physical Review E, 93, 042302 (2016).
7. Jian-Fang Zhou, Wujie Yuan*, Zhao Zhou and Changsong Zhou*, "Model predictions of features?in microsaccade-related neural responses in a feedforward network with short-term synaptic Depression", Scientific Reports, 6, 20888 (2016).
8. Guang Ouyang, Werner Sommer, Changsong*, Sabrina Aristei, Thomas Pinkpank and Rasha Abdel Rahman, "Articulation Artifacts during overt Language Production in Event-Related Brain Potentials: Description and Correction", Brain Topography, 29, 791-813 (2016).
9. Guang Ouyang, Werner Sommer and Changsong Zhou*, "Reconstructing ERP amplitude effects after compensating for trial-to-trial latency jitter: A solution based on a novel application of residue iteration decomposition", International Journal of Psychophysiology 109, 9-20 (2016).
10. Rajan Kashyap, Ouyang Guang, Werner Sommer and Changsong Zhou, Neuroanatomic localization of priming effects for famous faces with latency-corrected event-related potentials, Brain Research, 1632, 58-72 (2016).
11. Gorka Zamora-Lopez*, Yuhan Chen, Gustavo Deco, Morten L. Kringelbach, and Changsong Zhou*, "Functional complexity emerging from anatomical constraints: the significance of network modularity and rich-clubs". Scientific Reports, 6,38424 (2016).
12. Hadiseh Nowparast Rostami*, Guang Ouyang, Mareike Bayer, Annekathrin Schacht, Changsong Zhou,Werner Sommer, "Dissociating the Influence of Affective Word Content and Cognitive Processing Demands on the Late Positive Potential". Brain Topography, 29, 82-93 (2016).
Guang Ouyang, Werner Sommer* and Changsong Zhou*, "A toolbox for residue iteration decomposition (RIDE)-A method for the decomposition, reconstruction, and single trial analysis of event related potentials". J Neurosci Methods, 250, 7-21 (2015).
Guang Ouyang, Werner Sommer* and Changsong Zhou*, "Updating and validating a new framework for restoring and analyzing latency-variable ERP components from single trials with residue iteration decomposition (RIDE)". Psychophysiology 52, 839-856 (2015).
Fang Wang, Guang Ouyang, Changsong Zhou and Suiping Wang* "Re-Examination of Chinese Semantic Processing and Syntactic Processing: Evidence from Conventional ERPs and Reconstructed ERPs by Residue Iteration Decomposition (RIDE)". PLoS ONE 10, e0117324 (2015).
Z.J. Wang, Z.J. Dai, G. L. Gong, C.S. Zhou, Y. He, "Understanding Structural-Functional Relationships in the Human Brain: A Large-Scale Network Perspective", The Neuroscientist, 21 (3), 290-305 (2015).
R. Verleger, M.F. Metzner, G. Ouyang, K. Smigasiewicz, and C.S. Zhou, "Testing the Stimulus-to-Response Bridging Function of the Oddball-P3 by Delayed Response Signals and Residual Iteration Decomposition", NeuroImage, 100, 271-280 (2014).
Sun Lei and Dong-Ping Yang. "Adoption of different strategies in diversity-optimized populations promotes cooperation." Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 394, 158-165 (2014).
W.J. Yuan, J. F. Zhou , and C.S. Zhou, Network Evolution Induced by Asynchronous Stimuli through Spike-Timing-Dependent Plasticity. PLoS ONE 8(12): e84644, (2013)
Z. Wang, C.Y. Xia, S. Meloni, C.S. Zhou and Y. Moreno, Impact of Social Punishment on Cooperative Behavior in Complex Networks, Scientific Report, 3, 3055, 2013.
W.J. Yuan, O. Dimigen, W. Sommer and C.S. Zhou, ``A model of microsaccade-related neural responses induced by short-term depression in thalamocortical synapses", Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 7, 47 (2013).
Y.H. Chen, S.J. Wang, C. Hilgetag and C.S. Zhou, "Trade-off between Multiple Constraints Enables Simultaneous Formation of Modules and Hubs in Neural Systems", PLoS Computational Biology, 9 (3), e1002937 (2013).
G. Ouyang, A. Schacht, C.S. Zhou and W. Sommer, Overcoming Limitations of the ERP Method with Residue Iteration Decomposition (RIDE): A Demonstration in Go/Nogo Experiments, Psychophysiology, 50, 253-265, (2013).
M. A. Komarov, G. V. Osipov, and C. S. Zhou, "Heteroclinic contours in oscillatory ensembles", Physical Review E, 87, 022909, 2013.
B. Sturmer B., G. Ouyang, C.S. Zhou, A. Boldt and W. Sommer, "Separating stimulus-related and response-related components in the LRP by Residue Iteration Decomposition Analysis (RIDE)", Psychophysiology, 50, 70-73 (2013).
D. Li, Y. Zhou, B. Hu, J. Akerman, and C.S. Zhou, "Multiple synchronization attractors of serially connected spin-torque nano oscillators", Phys. Rev. B 86, 014418 (2012).
S.J. Wang and C.S. Zhou, ``Hierarchical modular structure enhances the robustness of self-organized criticality in neural networks", New Journal of Physics, 14, 023005 (2012).
D. Li, M. C. Cross, C.S. Zhou, and Z.G. Zheng, "Quasiperiodic, periodic, and slowing-down states of coupled heteroclinic cycles", Phys. Rev. E 85, 016215 (2012).
T. Zhou, Z.D. Zhao, Z.M. Yang and C.S. Zhou, "Relative clock verifies endogenous bursts of human dynamics", Europhysics Letters, 97, 18006 (2012)
Yihang Chen and Bambi Hu, "Multichannel and omnidirectional transparency in periodic metamaterial layers", Journal of Physics D, 107, 771-778 (2012)